A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Katie from Intraordinary nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Let me first say, thank you for the nomination – and, of course, for visiting and enjoying Lifestyle Counter !
The official rules for this are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 Nominated Blogs are:
1. Pretty Trippy
2. The Little Scottish Corner
3. Splish Splasch (recently discovered)
4. Joanna Loves
5. Beauty & the Tomboy
6. The Daily Debut (recently discovered)
7. Buy now/ blog later (recently discovered)
8. Little Stylist
9. Lovely Girly Bits
11. Le Beauty Girl (recently discovered)
14. Two City Girl (recently discovered)
15. Pretty Little Treasures
INSERT PARENTHESIS HERE: God this is hard (& feels so random). There’s absolutely no way I can give credit to all the blogs I enjoy reading (ie. Little Bit Soph, Ginger Loves Makeup, Elektra King, Maison Bentley Style, Ambition of a Blonde Bedouin, A Pretty Penny etc.) in just 15 spots!
Plus there’s so many “established” blogs that I love & follow religiously – but see no point in including here, since I’m pretty sure they’re way past Blog Awards by this point (ie. Vivianna Does Makeup, Essie Button, A Model Recommends, Shameless Fripperies, Penny Pincher Fashion, Laurenda Marie etc.). CLOSE PARENTHESIS.
A big thank you to all for brightening my days with your posts! I promise I won’t hold my eventual (rampant shopping related) bankruptcy against any of you 😉
7 Things About Myself:
1. When possible, I don’t mix my food. If there’s three different things on my plate, I’ll eat them all separately – leaving the one I enjoy the most for last.
2. My longest relationship with the opposite sex is that with my 17-year-old cat, who climbs into bed with me every night and won’t go to sleep unless tucked in under the covers & cuddled! My second longest relationship was 7 years and eventually fizzled out – so, no comparison there…
3. When I was younger I wanted to become an actress. That dream crushed and burned somewhere along the way and I ended up doing a Double Major BA in Economics/ History and a Masters in International Relations…
4. I often spend hours on end, playing around, building websites for fun (even though I have never actually published any). I usually use platforms like Wix or Joomla.
5. Am currently considering starting my own business and finding market research & business plan drafting (which I cannot really afford to pay for) extremely daunting. Wish me luck!
6. Got a bit of (self diagnosed) ADD and always read 3-4 books at a time (moving from one to the next and back again, in a loop) in order not to get bored. To mix things up even further some of my books are actual paperbacks, some are on Kindle and some are audiobooks (on Audible).
7. I have been a lacto- ovo pescaterian since 2009. I am also hugely into activism (WSPA, PETA, Greenpeace) and add my name to a number of active petitions, on a weekly basis (note to self: definitely need to incorporate that more into the blog!)
Thanks doll! I also just found Splish Splasch and freaking LOVE her photos. So nice. Also, Miss Lollipop26 of Buy Now, Blog Later is always a fave. Seriously makes me want to move to Dubai :):):)
Don’t mention it – you know I love PT! Also (half jokingly, half seriously) considering moving to Dubai, myself -so, yes, it’s good to get accustomed via BNBL 😉 XOXO
Uh, half joke, half seriously myself! I looked up English teaching jobs (which I have no experience in doing) a year or so ago and seriously considered applying and moving there. The stipends were ridiculous! PLEASE move there so I can live vicariously through you and Laura :):):)
Kind of thinking more along the lines of applying to Emirates, for cabin crew, myself. Have to look more into the details, of course (& make the huge decision of upending my life to start from scratch) but… yeah, I am considering it!
Very nice! Somewhere in the cobwebs I think there’s a Emirates flight attendant who has a running blog! You should check her out. I don’t subscribe to her, so maybe she just did a guest post on Skinny Runner… Anyways, she talks all about how it’s great to live in Dubai, but interestingly enough she does have a weight requirement for her job… DO IT!!!
Oh, I’ll be sure to look that up… Yeah, I think there’s a few requirements but I think I should generally be ok… Will let you know if I ever decide to finally do it 😉