A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Katie from Intraordinary nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Let me first say, thank you for the nomination – and, of course, for visiting and enjoying Lifestyle Counter !
The official rules for this are:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
My 15 Nominated Blogs are:
1. Pretty Trippy
2. The Little Scottish Corner
3. Splish Splasch (recently discovered)
4. Joanna Loves
5. Beauty & the Tomboy
6. The Daily Debut (recently discovered)
7. Buy now/ blog later (recently discovered)
8. Little Stylist
9. Lovely Girly Bits
11. Le Beauty Girl (recently discovered)
14. Two City Girl (recently discovered)
15. Pretty Little Treasures
INSERT PARENTHESIS HERE: God this is hard (& feels so random). There’s absolutely no way I can give credit to all the blogs I enjoy reading (ie. Little Bit Soph, Ginger Loves Makeup, Elektra King, Maison Bentley Style, Ambition of a Blonde Bedouin, A Pretty Penny etc.) in just 15 spots!
Plus there’s so many “established” blogs that I love & follow religiously – but see no point in including here, since I’m pretty sure they’re way past Blog Awards by this point (ie. Vivianna Does Makeup, Essie Button, A Model Recommends, Shameless Fripperies, Penny Pincher Fashion, Laurenda Marie etc.). CLOSE PARENTHESIS.
A big thank you to all for brightening my days with your posts! I promise I won’t hold my eventual (rampant shopping related) bankruptcy against any of you 😉
7 Things About Myself:
1. When possible, I don’t mix my food. If there’s three different things on my plate, I’ll eat them all separately – leaving the one I enjoy the most for last.
2. My longest relationship with the opposite sex is that with my 17-year-old cat, who climbs into bed with me every night and won’t go to sleep unless tucked in under the covers & cuddled! My second longest relationship was 7 years and eventually fizzled out – so, no comparison there…
3. When I was younger I wanted to become an actress. That dream crushed and burned somewhere along the way and I ended up doing a Double Major BA in Economics/ History and a Masters in International Relations…
4. I often spend hours on end, playing around, building websites for fun (even though I have never actually published any). I usually use platforms like Wix or Joomla.
5. Am currently considering starting my own business and finding market research & business plan drafting (which I cannot really afford to pay for) extremely daunting. Wish me luck!
6. Got a bit of (self diagnosed) ADD and always read 3-4 books at a time (moving from one to the next and back again, in a loop) in order not to get bored. To mix things up even further some of my books are actual paperbacks, some are on Kindle and some are audiobooks (on Audible).
7. I have been a lacto- ovo pescaterian since 2009. I am also hugely into activism (WSPA, PETA, Greenpeace) and add my name to a number of active petitions, on a weekly basis (note to self: definitely need to incorporate that more into the blog!)